Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cream Cheese Won Tons Anyone???

Well, this weekend was full of fun! I went to my family reunion on Sunday and saw a lot of family that I have not seen in years, and some I met for the first time. What a special day, I am so glad we were able to go :)

It was a Pot Luck, so I brought won tons to fry up for everyone....and I think they were gone within 5 minutes!! I take that as a GOOD sign. But I was mad at myself for not making MORE! :) Oh well....what can you do.

So I wanted to share the recipe with you. I'm really bad with giving measurement's and stuff, because I just kinda eyeball it, but I will do my best :)

Crab & Cream Cheese Won Tons:
1 brick of Cream Cheese Softened
2-3 Tablespoons Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Green Onion Chopped Fine
1 1/2 Tablespoons Water Chestnuts Chopped Fine
2 Tablespoons Kamaboko (Fish Cake, found in Asian Markets)
3 Tablespoons Crab Meat (Imitation or Fresh, I used Imitation this time)
1 Package Won Ton Wrappers


In a Large bowl add the cream cheese and sour cream. (most recipes do not call for the sour cream, I just think it makes it a little more creamy, and this is how I was taught, so HA!) :) Chop the next 4 items up really fine and add them to the party. Mix well until everything is well incorporated.

Next get a teaspoon, a small bowl of water, and the Won Ton wrappers. Make sure that you keep a damp paper towel over the opened package of won ton wrappers so they don't dry out. Spoon about a teaspoon of the filling into the center of each wrapper and with your finger wet the edges of the wrapper and fold into a triangle. The water acts like a glue to keep the wrapper from opening up. You can either leave it in a triangle or you can fold the outer point in like its giving itself a hug :)


Repeat until all the filling is gone. This recipe will probably give you about 50 won tons (or one package of won ton wrappers)

(If you can't find Kamaboko or don't like it, you can omit it. No worries. Same with the crab.)

Just fry until golden brown.

Enjoy by itself or with a dipping sauce. I like using an Asian Sweet Chili Sauce. YUM!!!

And that's it!! :) Super easy, right!?!

Hope you like the recipe. Let me know if you try it, I would love to hear about it :)

And here is a little sneak peek of my family reunion......

Me and my "big" baby ;)
(that's my hubby in the background, he obviously didn't know we were taking a picture)

My little sis Amber, Niece Sydnie, and I

My "little" baby, and her cousin

Did I tell you that Filipinos liked Karaoke or what!! :) haha!! That one is my Daddy :)

Hope you have a great week :)

Much Aloha,
Monika ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment