Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4 Years & 11 Months (the countdown begins...)

Today is June 21st (you probably already know that, but just in case you didnt). So that means, in one month exactly, Mike and I will be celebrating our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary!!!.....5 YEARS!!!  WOW!! It feels like its flown by, but at the same time, its like we've been married forever :)

So once a week until our Anniversary, I thought I'd share some of our wedding festivities!

Like most couples, we were on a tight budget for our wedding. So we did a lot ourselves. All the way down to the invitations! But you know what??? I loved it!! I got to put my own touch into everything, and kept everything very cohesive.

So to commemmorate our 4 year 11 month anniversary, I thought I would share some of  the DIY's that we did for our wedding.

We had a Hawaiian Style beach wedding, so making these slipper "Save the Dates" was so fun!!
These were are invitations & our RSVP post card. We went to the beach, carved RSVP into the sand and took the picture. I played with the pic in Photoshop and made the colors pop more and Voila! :)

We had some of my family come over to help with making the favors. Since our first initials are both "M", we put m&m's in our favor boxes (I KNOW, it's cheesy...but we all need a little cheese now and then!!!) HA!! :) The favors came out adorable.... m&m's wrapped in tulle inside Tiny Lauhala Boxes..

 And last but not least...this was probably my Favorite DIY of the whole wedding....my name cards and card box. We made the name cards, and my sister Ari made the card box. It was SO cute!!!!


We did so many other things (programs, table numbers, signs, etc.), but these were just a few of my favorites. If you are willing to put a little work in, on ANY budget, you can have the wedding of your dreams..... I did ;)

Happy 4 Year 11 Month Anniversary Babe!!!

Can't wait till next month!!

Next week I'll have a peek at our pre-wedding fun with family and friends. So stay tuned!!

Much Aloha,
Monika :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment