Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brownies Anyone??

I am admittedly a bit of a chocoholic. Dark, milk...any kind of chocolate, and I'm there :) So you can understand my sadness when we found out that Miss Kourt is allergic to Dairy & Peanuts!! :*(  Not only is it scary that she may have a reaction if she has these foods (we carry an Epi-pen for her peanut allergy), but we really had to alter everything that we ate. Now, chocolate is not always made with milk, obviously Milk Chocolate is, but Dark Chocolate isn't. HOWEVER....whenever I look at 99% of dark chocolate bars they are "made in a facility that also processes peanuts and milk". Well, that does not help me. I  cant even buy products that are processed in a facility that also processes peanuts, that's how bad her allergy is. :(
You can imagine my Delight whenever I find "treats" that are completely "Free" from all the things that Miss Kourt cant have! :)
Enter... Traders Joe's NEW Gluten Free Brownie Mix!!!!

I saw this at the store and I picked it up right away and I saw the label
It's totally safe for Miss Kourt!!! YAY! I was so excited I told the cashier "Thank you so much for this!" :)
So of course I made them tonight! and I added a little sumthin sumthin to the mix. What did I add, you ask? Chocolate chips (dairy free) and some marshmallows (cause that's how I roll). ;)
 And I think SHE liked it!!!! And that's what matters most!!!

The batter is really thick, and they took a little longer to cook then what was on the package.... but that could just be my oven. Overall...these brownies were YUMMY!! :) A must try for anyone who loves chocolate (allergies or not) :)

Now we can all have a little treat now and then, and know that its safe for Miss Kourt.
THANK YOU Trader Joe's!!!!

Much Aloha,
Monika :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment